Sunday 2 November 2014

My "Little Wonky Lottie"

Hello again!

With the temperature reaching an astonishing 15 degrees on November 1st (!) I had the fantastic opportunity to get out into the garden and make up the wooden frames for my mini allotment.


Now, because I did the measuring and I cut the wood, and I put them together...they are quite very wonky!...Hence forth I dub thy mini allotment: My "Little Wonky Lottie"!

But, they do the job! Now all I need to do is remove all the soil in them (as its very stoney and clay-like and grassy) and get it covered so I can add new soil/compost at a later date.

Because of their unique wonky-ness, I didn't have room for a compost bin in between them, so its now squeezed in at the side.


Its made from growing canes, bits of old "2 by 4" and chicken wire, with a bit of cane wire weaved in to keep the layers together. I'm actually very proud of it!...Especially as its cost me a grand total so far of Nothing!

I'm thinking maybe I should have cut the Pumpkins down a bit before plonking them in there, but never mind! Its since had a lot of leaves thrown on top...I'm hoping in time this will indeed turn into compost at I can use for my Little Wonky Lottie and my flowers.

Speaking of flowers, my lovely Aunt gave me a couple of new ones...


They are officially my first, and only flowers in my garden!
They are placed in a sunny spot, next to Little Wonky Lottie. Hoping they will flourish!

I was also given some new Forget-Me-Nots. When I received some before, they lasted a while and looked glorious (in my header photo) and then died. In a panic, I scooped them up, potted them in the greenhouse and planned to put them back when they establish. My Aunt has told me not to do that again, as when they die, they will naturally self-seed and re establish next spring. Phew! Okie Dokie!



I've put these new ones in the same place as the old ones, and will just add my old ones (now starting to establish again in the Greenhouse) back with them when its time.

Hopefully if the rain stops by tomorrow, I will manage to get the Little Wonky Lottie dug and covered!

No comments:

Post a Comment