Saturday 26 December 2015

Christmas in the garden

Merry Christmas!

We had a fantastic Christmas day and because today (26th) is still soooo mild, I thought I would pop into the garden to see what's going on....

The potatoes have been popping up so often over the last week...


...that I've had to put more bricks around them so I can keep piling the soil on top of them...



I've also got some more chitting in the kitchen and I plan to plant them in a couple of weeks time. If the weather continues to be mild, then I might try making better "raised" beds around them rather than the bricks, but I will have to see....

Its been so mild that I seem to now be in the possession of some rather confused daffodils...



I believe these are all the "February Gold" variety that were planted about three weeks ago. Eager little buggers aren't they?!

I had so many wonderful and thoughtful presents this Christmas, but the one I'm most excited about (and didn't think I would get) was the Year Round Seed Tin from the wonderful Sarah Raven.

In side there are seeds including:


(All taken from the Sarah Raven website)

There is a very exciting update on the carrot experiment...

They have been growing very well, considering they are in toilet roll tubes, on the kitchen window sill for nearly a month now! (Planted 29.11.15). I've resigned myself to the idea that if they don't grow or develop into fruition, then I wont beat myself up about it; this is an experiment, after all. 

The last thing to show you is my own other "Allotment" I've been (...erm...) growing ;-p


Its a cross stitch kit by Bothy Treads called "Allotment Fun". Its come on a bit more since this picture, but I'm really enjoying it!

I'll leave you with a picture of a beautiful Hyacinth that I re-potted after discovering it in the mist of sorting out the new veg beds. It bloomed for me last year and I'm so pleased its decided to do the same again!



That's all for now. Until next time, you take care now x




No comments:

Post a Comment