Tuesday 16 December 2014

I am With POO!!!!! and other garden happenings


I finally bit the bullet - and dragged my poor best friend with me to the local stables!
The people there couldn't have been nicer; even providing me with sturdier bags than the plastic ones I had to transport it home!



I also treated myself to a new rake, costing a whopping £2.99 and spent yesterday clearing up leaves. Loads of leaves.


Which promptly turned into this...


Its all now been stored away in the hope i will have produced my own leaf-mulch next year?!

I also finally sorted out the compost heap...by making another!


I put the top lot off the old one into the new one, covered it and will mix it after Christmas. Which left me the able to get at the bottom bit of the old one.
It has amazed me how quickly its all composting!
With a good mix, it looked like this...



Im so pleased! Those worms have been very busy!

I feel a real sense of calm and happiness when I'm in the garden...despite the weather (which I hate at the moment by the way!)

And now that it looks so much tidier with the absence of the leaves I'm even more proud of my little patch!

No comments:

Post a Comment